<$BlogRSDURL$>
Powered by TagBoard Message Board
Name

URL or Email

Messages(smilies)

Sunday, March 07, 2004

Of Fear and Desire 

I came into a new, or not so new, realisation today. Why not so new? Well, simply because it has been present in my mind but has never been fully polished before.

Alright, before I start rambling off into the intricate workings of the human mind, let me pursue me original line of thought. Where was I? Oh yes, the single idea being Fear and Desire are what that governs the existence of all.

I'm sure I don't make sense. Some people will probably protest--vigorously--that they are not slaves to fear or desire. Then, pray tell, what is it that makes you eat and sleep everyday?

I know that to some my last question probably makes little or no sense. Let me further elaborate. We eat to live, we sleep to replenish our energy so as to better live our lives. Anyone catching on yet? Well, for the benefit of the unenlightened, here's the explanation.

It is the DESIRE to live. Keyword: desire. (if you didn't notice, go bang your head against some wall now and dun bother coming back here)

Of course, I'm making a sweeping statement about everyone's reasons for eating and sleeping. Well, here's another possible scenario.

FEAR of death. That's what keeps you going.

Of course there also some that may not fall into these categories. Although how that can be possible currently eludes me. For, as far as I have puzzled through so far, curiosity for life is also classified under desire for life. Hatred for life...wait that's a new thought! I have yet to consider that! My god! I'm such a dummy! Hang on while I process this...

...
...
...

Ok as far as my limited thought processes have allowed me, I have currently determined that to have hatred of life, one usually has had some traumatic experience that either left that person depressed and/or tired of life. Hmm not necessarily traumatic...and perhaps does not have to occur directly onto said person. Seeing something happen to someone else can cause this too, although I'll need further verification on that.

So where does this bring us? Umm well. Hmm. Probably...fear of life? No, the more appropriate word would be distaste. Desire for more...of something better of course. That would be another possibility.

I really need to think about it some more. I will go ponder about this. Til next time!


Quote:
When you eliminate fear and desire, what remains? An empty shell...devoid of life.

]

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?