<$BlogRSDURL$>
Powered by TagBoard Message Board
Name

URL or Email

Messages(smilies)

Friday, May 21, 2004

Troy the Movie (Lousy Adaptation) 

Hey hey! In fairly good spirits right now.

Yeah ain't that odd? ^_^

Watched Troy today. It was a fairly good representation, a few literary errors here and there, but those are to be expected. Although Achilles came off like an arrogant bastard. And Paris looked like a wimpy coward. Well I never did like Paris very much when I read the Iliad, I despise him even more after watching this movie. Lol.

Hector was as cool as he was in the Iliad. Patrocles was a nice guy. And I still don't like Agamemnon. He acts like he's got a stick shoved up his ass in both the movie and the Iliad. But I always thought Menelaus was a lot younger than the way they portrayed him in the movie. Guess they had to make him look like a dirty old lecher to let Paris look good. Actually in the Iliad Menelaus was always the good guy, plus he was actually worthy of Helen, he did win the challenge for her hand. And of course the movie changed the story again. Hate it when literary accuracy gets sacrificed for dramatic purposes, but I guess its normal, as much as I don't like it.

But overall Troy isn't that bad. Entertainment value is ok, good for girls who like drooling over Brad Pitt and Orlando Bloom. I had to endure 2 hours and 40mins of my friend sitting next to me gushing about how cute Orlando looked. Sheesh. And she even whacked me when I commented on how Orlando's character, Paris, was a bloody coward for hiding behind Hector when Menelaus was going to kill him after Paris lost the duel.

I was kinda unaffected by the violence and most of the scenes. Some parts I started a bit, but remained calm throughout. Strange eh? I still don't get why they cried when Achilles died. I mean, duh, he dies, it's not even real, puh-lease. But they were going "It's so sad!!". And I was like thinking to myself, "Umm, just lemme get out of here right now, gotta go to the loo". LOL! ^_^

I'm such a weirdo. Wait I didn't have any reason to say that. Eh wait, I don't NEED a reason to say that. It's one of the benefits of being female. ^_~

Well, til next time then. Later all!

Quote:
Est Sularas Oth Mithas

]
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?