<$BlogRSDURL$>
Powered by TagBoard Message Board
Name

URL or Email

Messages(smilies)

Saturday, June 19, 2004

I did it. I DID discontinue my fics. I thought I was too chicken to. I guess I surprised even myself.

Spent some time compiling some basic stuff, like description terms. Forced myself to think really hard. I'm still on the first part of compiling something to start off from. That is, describing the eyes. Lol.

When I was doing that, it occurred to me just how little I know. And also just how vast the langauge is. I can keep coming up with new ways to describe certain emotions expressed in the eyes. I guess I'll stop when I reach the end of the first page, if not I'll go on forever. Lol.

Also I'll be adding new terms that I find are useful. Any unique, or simple yet effective ways of description, I will note down for future reference. When I've compiled the basic list, I'm going to challenge myself by "building" a human by picking out certain traits from every section, then I'll put them all together. Sounds easy, but I'm almost sure that anything that sounds easy in this project of mine is sure to be more difficult than it appears to be at first.

Why am I doing this? Shouldn't I be going right down to practicising my description skills immediately? Why am I wasting time on gathering as many descriptive terms as possible? Well, when I said "back to basics", I really meant it.

After all, the old Chinese saying goes "More haste, less speed." The more I try to speed through the whole process, the less I will be able to build up on my foundation. And as I've learnt from my mother, having a strong foundation in something is a key to success in the future in that particular area.

Which brings me to why I'm back here instead of compiling my mini-dictionary. Cos I'm skiving. Lol. Actually because I felt the need to actually write something, so here I am. It's almost a compulsion to come here. ^__^

Also because I'll be needing some ideas. After I'm done with my phrase compiling and basic practice and all, I'll need topics to write about. Preferably nothing too long. So I'm looking to my kind friends here for ideas. When I need those ideas, I hope you guys would be nice enough to provide me with something to write about. Thanks in advance. :)

Alright, I'm gonna continue skiving. My brain really isn't working tonight. I'll start off fresh and early next morning.

*totters off to stare blankly at BoA*

]
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?