<$BlogRSDURL$>
Powered by TagBoard Message Board
Name

URL or Email

Messages(smilies)

Thursday, June 10, 2004

Ok I'm a bit calmer since my last post. So lemme try giving a more detailed review of BoA's My Name mv.

Firstly, this mv showcases a different BoA. A new style. A sexier image. She looks more mature, especially with the bushy hair.

Secondly, the dancing is less technical...as in more of the sexy moves than the complicated moves...technical would be her earlier days, like ID; Peace B, Sara, and No.1. It's leaning heavily towards her image in Japan. More with the sex ya know.

Also, note that the mv has a darker tone to it. It feels different. The overall mood is edgier, more loaded. As compared to her earlier mvs, which are generally energy-charged and hyper-cute. Think Atlantis Princess for a classic example. The lighting in this mv is darker, a tribute to the change in mood.

While I was at the forums, someone said something that I agreed to very much after some thought. He said that BoA was "due an image change", and that he was "tired of her pop-princess image". I agree with this view, since BoA is turning 18 this year, she can't possibly go with the sweet cutie-pie image for the rest of her life! As long as she doesn't overdo the mature image, I'll be fine with it. Too many singers have had their careers cut short by an inappropriate image change. But I believe that as long as BoA doesn't do a complete Britney, not that I have anything against Britney, she'll be fine. But now it'll be time for her fans to adjust their thinking...I've already begun to get used to it! :D

So, in a sense, this mv sort of marks a coming-of-age for my beloved BoA. Even though I wish this song doesn't sound so...American. Not that I have anything against American music, but it's just that there're too many of those around, it's getting on my nerves. But it's odd how I really love it when BoA does it. Might be because I've pretty much given up on listening to anything but Jpop/Kpop. So therefore, I can put up with BoA doing this. Hehe.

Don't wanna fake it! Nuh leul ahl geh dwen hoo meh il gi dah lin phone call
I got to make it! Uh neu seh ahl geh het uh
Meh il gah teun sik, ddo ah jik muhn deut hahn il, ahh..
Geu luht dah myun take it! ah joo joh geun mahn keum muh deun dweh goh peun hyun sil


I can't get enough of this...man even her voice sounds sultry to me... Aww man...

Lol...for some reason, I'm reminded of Britney's Toxic...the vibes are there...but Toxic sure doesn't brainwash me as much as My Name does. Hehe...

But i really want to see the whole choreography. It looks sexy enough on the mv. I wanna see how it looks like live. :D

Ok enough of my ranting, I'm not getting anywhere. Ta ta~~~~

Don't wanna fake it~~~~

]
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?