<$BlogRSDURL$>
Powered by TagBoard Message Board
Name

URL or Email

Messages(smilies)

Thursday, July 29, 2004

Hmm.

Today Miss Leong (not the white haired one, and not the on sugar high one), my english teacher, brought us out on another movie trip! She rocks!

We watched I,Robot. It was cool. So as not to reveal spoilers, I will refrain from commenting. :P But I can tell you that while the ideas explored there are not new, they certainly do inspire some thought.

Anyway, after the movie, I went home. Well actually me and Kewei took the ssame bus home. After all we do live one bus stop away from each other. Lol. That makes 2 classmates within walking distance of my house, Xiang Xin being the other one. The horror. Lol.

But back to the point. Well if there is a point. But anyone who's been reading this regularly should be able to sense that I have a point to make in this post. If you didn't know that, well, you do now. :P

We talked. Kewei and I. He really is quite intelligent. Eccentric definitely, but intelligent anyway. The eccentric tendencies are probably an outgrowth of his intelligence. After all, I quote something I said some time ago: "Genius is intelligence recognised, insanity is intelligence buried and twisted." That summarises it I guess.

Not to say Kewei is insane. Sure, he may act all weird and stuff sometimes, but it's just that, an act. He isn't afraid to express himself, something I respect. I can't do that, I just can't seem to express myself that way. Too shy maybe.

But anyway. We were talking. And I guess I found another person who doesn't go "huh??" at every other sentence I say. That makes 4 of them so far, the other 3 being Dawn, Chengwei and Kanaii. Erika doesn't count, since she still doesn't quite understand me on that level. We''re good friends, but there's just something separating my deeper and more philosophical self from her. Perhaps its because when we talk, she's the one doing most of the talking. I have nothing much to say usually.

And maybe Dawn shouldn't be properly included in that list. She should be classified under "Intelligent enough to catch what I say, but doesn't really understand the other me". That's right, Chengwei, Kewei, and Kanaii made it into the exclusive group. Congratulations.

Anyway I think I'm straying from my point. What the heck was my point? *thinks* Crap, I think I mostly forgot what I was trying to say. Damn. I should never go off on tangents like that.

Oh well, I'll continue with what I do remember. I've always been of the opinion that people are not what they seem, and we shouldn't make hasty judgements based on outward impressions. But try as I might, I still can't completely eradicate that instinctive response to classify people under specific categories in my mind. Based on how I interact with them, and how I observe them interacting with others, and what I hear others say about them, I make a mental sketch of the person. Everyone does that. So I guess it's a normal reaction. That's where the "first impressions do count" saying comes from.

But more often than not, I've found that initial assessments made without any close personal interaction with someone are usually wrong, or slightly inaccurate. Sometimes I get it right, but those are few and far between. Not that many people are actually who we think they are.

So I resolved to keep an open mind on such matters. Prejudice clouds matters. So I've been trying to look at things more clinically and dissect it with a cold rationality. Well I try my best to keep personal feelings out of it, but sometimes personal grudges do get in the way. I try my best though.

That's why I look upon with some contempt the people who keep saying Kewei is crazy and ought to be shot. Yeah Kewei, some people actually said that about you. I'm sorry that  didn't say anything against that, but it's kinda hard to break into closed minds. I'm sure you understand what I mean. Some people's prejudices are locked in stone.

That's one thing I hate, you know. Small minds. Closed minds. Minds that can only comprehend the 'now', and jump quickly from inception to conclusion. Minds like that should be banned.  Yeah I'm prejudiced. Against small minds. I never said I was perfect. I do have some prejudices after all. I am human...I think.

Anyway, I was inspired after that conversation with Kewei. Inspired to write a short story. A one-shot. A bit pointless, since there isn't going to be an end to that story. I mean, no proper ending. After all, life never ends, it just keeps going on and on, even after you, me and everyone we know are dead. Cos there will be other living things to go on living, so life goes on. And this is a story of life, an excerpt from life. Our life.

I should go ask Kewei if he minds me writing that story. Anyway I WILL write it, whether he minds or not, but if he does mind, then I won't publish it online. But if he oks it, I will. After all he will be one of the characters in the story. One of at least 3 main characters. All my classmates will play supporting roles. And of course I will change the names. Duh.

I hope I can do it right. The story I mean. I hope I don't characterise it wrongly. I hope it doesn't fall flat on me. Writig about real life is hard. Especially if you know the people involved. Oh well, I guess I can give it a shot...

Well anyway I need dinner. Cya!

]
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?