<$BlogRSDURL$>
Powered by TagBoard Message Board
Name

URL or Email

Messages(smilies)

Monday, August 29, 2005

Seeing

Let me leave--
They will not yearn;
There as puppets they will turn
Endlessly, endlessly til the day they burn.

Let me fall--
They will not weep;
Wrapped in satiny sin they keep
Secrets mired in boundless deep.

Let me bleed--
They will not see;
Crowned in excess they watch them flee
Laughing, chortling with evil glee.

Let me scream--
They will not hear;
Sunk in passions they hold dear
In their hearts hiding their deepest fears.

Let me go--
They will not care;
Swallowed in debauchery they do not dare
To face reality beyond what they can bear.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Tell Me Why

Tell me why
When things go wrong
You won't tell me
What went wrong

Tell me why
When you get mad
You won't tell me
What I did wrong

Tell me why
When you are sad
You won't tell me
What I could help do

Tell me why
Even though I care
You won't tell me
Anything that goes wrong

Tell me why
Even though you care
You hurt me
By not telling me why

-------------------------------------------------

The 2nd poem's dedicated to my father. I wrote this one the weekend. Also my reflection then:

Sometimes all a poem needs is a simple purity, a sincerity of intent that calls out to those who read it. A poet writes poems to express themselves; if they could express themselves verbally, they wouldn't have to write poems.

I have returned to basics with the poem "Tell Me Why". Straight from the heart, without thinking, a cry to be heard. Much like some
of earlier poems, "Tell Me Why" was written in a fit a extreme emotion, without the careful crafting that was slowly establishing itself as my new style. It reminds me that sometimes, a simple uncomplicated voice can be more stirring than a meticulously crafted speech.



Isn't that inspiring? ^__^

Well anyway in 10 minutes its time for History lecture. Oh joy. Not that I dread it, but its just that its 5.05pm now and I WANT TO GO HOME. Lol.

Anyway Grace, Lester and I just went out to have some KFC at Anchorpoint. Along the way we had a nice browse through the shops there as well as at Queensway Shopping center. Lolz.

I just realised how much Grace and Lester were influencing me. I actually said, "Oh lemme check my hair" when we were at the traffic lights waiting to cross. My goodness. How bimbotic that sounded. I need a reality check. God help me.

Anyway Lester's peeking over and chuckling at what I just typed. Like, whatever. Great, even that sounded frivolous. What IS happening to me?! AHHHHH!!!

Ok let's just ignore that. I wanna play Zeal for a while before going off to lecture. Cyaz!



]
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?