<$BlogRSDURL$>
Powered by TagBoard Message Board
Name

URL or Email

Messages(smilies)

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Alright this promises to be a short post cos I'm kind of distracted at the moment.

Wait I forgot to greet everyone. Yo people.

Of course, assuming anyone's reading. And Grace, as you probably expected me to say, YOU DON'T COUNT!! Neither does Chengwei, since they're special people and are classified under another category.

As for what that category is, I'm not telling. Its not anything bad though, so don't worry. Really. Trust me for once.

So why am I here if it's going to be short? After all, if you're a dedicated reader of my blog, you would know that I take several hundred words to clear my throat before I get down to the main point. Or points. Sometimes new ones come to me while I'm writing. Ah well.

Anyway just posting for the sake of posting I suppose. Where did I leave off in my last post?

Oh yes, I was discussing conservatism and stuff. I'm not against right-wingers really. I'm more against extremism in general, and that can swing both ways.

Extreme-right people are the hardcore fanatics who are heavily into conservatism. In politics, that translates to high defense spending, pro-religion, pro-life, and non-welfare system etc.

Extreme-left people are the neo-liberals, the guys with their heads in the clouds and talking about civil rights and the like. In politics, that translates to high social welfare spending, pro-choice and all those highly liberal ideals and thingys.

You know, the hawks and doves issue. For me, sometimes I feel that the extreme-left is too impractical for my tastes. I mean, they want to practically support the citizens cradle to grave, but the problem is that its way too expensive to maintain. Increasing taxes might work, but it would overburden the working class and increase the incentive for tax evasion.

Ok now I sound like some kind of weird political commentator. I should stop that.

Ok I have to go so I'll continue next time....

...man now my argument is practically strung out between several posts...should be hard to read...HA!

]
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?