<$BlogRSDURL$>
Powered by TagBoard Message Board
Name

URL or Email

Messages(smilies)

Friday, September 16, 2005

Hi everyone!

That sounded way too cheery to be me.

Ok, so revise the statement.

Who are you and what are you looking at?!

Ok too confrontational. Whatever. I'm too lazy to change it.

From my previous blog post, one might get the impression that I don't like my other classmates. That is absolutely untrue. They are nice people...some of them anyway.

Great, now in my mind I have this whole British accented voice talking to me.

Definitely not good.

So what about my classmates? Seriously though, some of them are really nice people. Deep down. Very deep down. Like Marianas Trench deep. Heh.

Ok cutting the mean parts out, my class is nice. Sort of. We do care for each other, in a vague sort of way. The cliques care a lot more about their members of course, but we do ask after other people's health...provided we actually see them in distress in the first place.

I, for one, can be totally indifferent if I want to. Except towards Grace and Lester of course. They're the ones closest to me in class. As for the others, well, sometimes I can't be bothered.

It's not really that I don't care. I just don't know what to do if I showed concern. It feels superficial to me. I feel superficial to me. Again, does it matter to anybody? Not really.

Ok enough about the class. They're not really worth the blog space. Ok that was kind of mean...wait, I AM mean, what am I semi-apologising for? This is my blog, I can say anything I want, provided its not libel, seditious, racist, or whatever other obscure rule of law that prohibits me from speaking my mind.

Not that I really care. I just can't afford a lawsuit, that's all. And I don't think they allow us Internet access in jail.

Smarty-pants comments aside, the whole furore over blog posts is a little over the top. Yes I know I know, we're publishing our blogs on the World Wide Web, easily accessible to the public in general. That makes us bound to laws of journalism...somewhat anyway. At least we aren't really obilged to be politically correct. I would sooner kill myself than do that. Read my previous posts if you don't understand what I mean.

My posts can be somewhat heretical at times. Tragic. Such a pity the Catholic Church hasn't spotted this...or not.

After all, I don't find being flamed to death on the proverbial stake an entertaining way to pass any length of time.

That brings me to the topic of religious fundamentalists. Really, conservatives are kinda freaky. The whole extreme right-wing business is a little unsettling...too chaotic you see.

Yes I know, the mere idea of me being unsettled by chaos is laughable. After all, I project a persona that seems to delight in the darker side of life. Which I am, certainly.

But can't a maniacal, homicidal, evil genius get a little peace sometimes too?

I'm extraordinarily fond of peace and quiet. My house, on normal, non-BoA-shipping days, is as silent as a tomb. Ok bad pun, but let's move on.

I like silence. I hate it too, but that's completely besides the point. Besides, didn't they say that there's only a thin line between love and hate? For me, it doesn't make a jot of a difference either way.

Where was I? Oh conservatism. There seems to be a tide of right-wing sentiments in recent years. It's a reflection of the current insecurities amongst the population, really. Anytime someone is afraid and uncertain, we tend to fall back on comforts like religion and other strict moral codes followed in times before the discovery of fire.

Ok, so maybe I'm exaggerating, but you get the point.

Religion, ethics and morals all fall firmly in the right-wing camp. Personally, I'm slightly leftist in some of my ideas, although I'm pretty conservative in others. You could call me a centrist I suppose. You know, the practical guys sitting in the middle while the leftists and rightists are trying to shift the see-saw their way.

I'm not really disparaging religion. Really. Don't you believe me?

If you do, then you're a bigger idiot than I thought. What are you even doing here in the first place? Are you jsut sightseeing or did someone cleverer trick you into coming here?

I should really quit insulting the IQ-disabled. Really. Why discourage readers?

But then again, those same people would probably get their brains unravelled while reading my blog.

On second thoughts, it wouldn't make much of a difference anyway.

Ok I really have to stop with the whole ribbing thing. Partly because I have to leave soon.

Mostly because I want to save some of the insults for later posts.

Well, I'll complete my argument next time. I should really stop getting sidetracked...

]
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?