<$BlogRSDURL$>
Powered by TagBoard Message Board
Name

URL or Email

Messages(smilies)

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

I just came out from History exam.

Well not just. I stopped by for some food at the canteen.

But anyway I have finished my History paper. Joy.

I am royally screwed up for SEA History. What is new and different? I don't even know how exactly to approach the stupid question.

It was slightly better for the Cold War questions. Both of them. I'm so glad I took time off to study the origins of the cold war. If not I wouldn't have anything to say for the Berlin Crisis at all.

And luckily I studied the Middle East. Well all of us knew that Mr Yoong was evil enough to set that question.

Of course they didn't really expect him to be evil enough to set that Berlin question, since I heard many people bemoaning the fact that they neglected revising the origins of cold war section.

I don't expect to get any more than an O for History. If I can get a E it would be a bloody miracle. It might even convert me back to my religion. Seriously.

Or not.

We'll see.

Alright.

What was I going to say?

I had lots to say.

Where did it go?

*ponders*

Probably got flushed away after the History paper.

Gee how comforting.

I had a very invocative thought session yesterday before I started my last minute mugging session. If I recall clearly, it involved the idea of entertainment.

I remember only this line:

This, coming from a people who thought watching humans being torn apart by lions was entertaining.

I was referring to the Romans of antiquity, in case you don't understand.

The idea of humour is vague. What was funny a few centuries ago may not be funny now.

Of course, what is funny now is probably considered vulgar or heretical a few centuries ago.

Perceptions change after all.

I just had a mildly interesting thought.

Humans are supposed to be made in the image of God right? Of course, God is the embodiment of good, so all the bad stuff we see in humans come from Mr Devil.

So continuing that assumption, if humans have the propensity for humour, that goes to show that God probably does have a very developed sense of humour too, doesn't it?

Kinda reverse evaluation in progress.

God definitely has a sense of humour. One of my friends, while praying to God one day at church, and was struck down by the power of God, lay there on the floor. There, she had a random thought about when God was going to release her and let her get up, since she had been lying there for a long while.

And then she heard a voice in the deepest reaches of her mind.

You know, I could keep you here forever if I wanted to.

I believe that was God. Being humorous. In a very scary sort of way.

We had a good laugh over it later when she shared it. I guess we all concluded God was funny when He chose to be. Lolz.

Anyway, thinking about that, I believe God has a very unique sense of humour. I mean, he made humans. Hello? That say anything to you?

Plus, in the Bible, those parables Jesus told had a certain humourous quality in them if you look a bit more closely. I mean, the whole picking out of the "plank in your eye" before you pick out the "speck" in another's eye had a certain exaggerated humour, don't you think?

And then another weird thought occured to me while I was musing about God's sense of humour.

You know, I've always wondered about why God made the world. The Bible says he made the world, but it never ever really says why it was made in the first place. It's like there's this big mystery to why God created the universe. We won't dispute that He made it, but why did He make it?

Some people suggest that He was experimenting. I kind of agree. I mean, He made Eve different from Adam because He decided they shouldn't be the same? Or something along those lines.

And the whole referring to God as a "He". It stands to reason actually. If God made Man in His image, and He made Adam first, it kind of makes sense that God is male right?

I wonder why God wanted to tinker with it and create a different kind of human from Adam though. Sure, God wanted Adam to have a companion, but why a woman? He could have just made another guy and the two of them could be best buds and not worry about the complexities of figuring out the other gender.

Not that I should complain. If God didn't make Eve I wouldn't exist the way I am now.

Anyway coming back to the point. Notice the trend of reality tv amongst us in these past few years?

Applying reverse evaluation, I think God made us for his own entertainment. Of sorts.

Reality TV at its best.

Get it?

I mean, this is reality right? They always say: reality is stranger than fiction. I totally agree.

You have soap operas, comedy, drama, action, morbidity and all the other genres rolled into one entertaining package known as Real Life.

I'm sure God is really amused.

Nobody makes it quite like Him eh? We try with our own programs, but when it comes to what happens in real life, our tv programs are really quite bland. And boring.

Ok enough of all these. I have other things to do and I'm freezing my fingers off in here.

Take care everyone while I mug at home for Econs!

Mug? Her? That's a laugh.

I won't even dignify that with an answer.

Bye!

]
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?