<$BlogRSDURL$>
Powered by TagBoard Message Board
Name

URL or Email

Messages(smilies)

Monday, October 17, 2005

Well, believe it or not, I'm back!

About the point I wanted to make in the last post, I was actually thinking about anime.

My dad thinks anime is a cartoon. In a sense, I suppose it is.

However, the word "cartoon" sounds so silly and superficial and just plain blowsy. Anime, some of them, are actually fairly serious works with actual plots. Of course there will always be the standard over-the-top anime humour present. But, depending on the different series, each has a different tone and message to convey.

Anyway, I get very offended when my dad dismisses the anime I watch as mere "cartoons".

The thing about me is that I enjoy morbid anime. Why do you think I enjoyed Hellsing so much?

And I love anime that makes me think and reflect. Like Peacemaker Kurogane.

A couple of episodes ago in Peacemaker, Tetsu mentioned to his enemy that it wasn't his hatred and desire for revenge that he wanted to become strong enough to kill his enemy.

What he really wanted was to get strong enough to "kill the weak and helpless me".

That really resonated with me. I've felt weak and helpless on any number of occasions, and I hated the feeling. I hated feeling like I couldn't do anything, that no matter what I did it was useless.

I hated being weak.

That's why I like power. Power in a game, power in life. Power in whatever state. It helps to keep me sane. It makes me hate myself a little less.

Does that sound pessimistic? Of course it does. If you've been reading this blog for a while, you'll notice that I'm a very pessimistic and cynical person.

If you didn't, I really really feel sorry for you. Really.

I mean, how could anyone be THIS unobservant?

Note I didn't use the word "stupid" or "idiotic" even once. Aren't you proud of me?

Enough of my regular jibes. I need to do stuff. So I'm ending off here.

Because I'm just way too lazy to type more.

]
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?