<$BlogRSDURL$>
Powered by TagBoard Message Board
Name

URL or Email

Messages(smilies)

Sunday, January 08, 2006

Hey.

Had a long intellectual session with both Kanai and Chengwei until 3 am last night.

Funny how it is sometimes.

Taking something Kanai said, she said that intelligence are split into 2 categories. One is Intellect, the other is Academic.

I couldn't agree better, but I think I'll suggest a different labelling.

Conventional, and Non-conventional.

Conventional is obviously what everybody has to varying degrees. Non-conventional belongs to a select few.

Kanai and I agreed that everyone in the world is linked together like vast web, and every single individual is like a node with links to the people around them and such.

Kanai went a step further by theorizing that people like us (me, her, and I think Chengwei too, heck I think Kewei counts as well) are a far more complicated node than the usual kinds. She calls it a nexus.

Nexus, tend to be more perceptive about the deeper things in life. We can see what others choose not to, or are unable to see.

I know that to some people, the above theory sounds awfully elitist and you probably think that we're self-imporatnt idiots who want to make ourselves feel special.

But then, how many people can honestly claim to have thought deeply into the more philosophical side of life simply because they want to, or that their circumstances made them go down that road?

Humanity is caught up in the mundane. We wonder what's gonig to happen the next day, we worry about exams, we worry about work, we worry about our friends and family, we worry about our lives in general.

Sometimes its good to just slow down and think hard on what we're doing and why.

Sometimes the above action is a truly foolish act that causes nothing but pain and more confusion.

But it makes us wonder doesn't it?

And that's the first step towards enlightenment.

Not that I believe in Nirvana or all that nonsense.

But being at peace with yourself is the most important thing in life. Chengwei and I were discussing the nature of happiness and why perfection should or should not be achieved, providing that it were possible.

He covered a bit of our talk in his blog. It's a bit bare bones without all the explanations and examples we came up with while chatting, but it was alright. Not that many people will really appreciate the meaning of that blog post. Most will just take it at face value (and I think Chengwei knows too). Some might even think a bit about it, but most people will probably forget about it soon enough.

It's like the stuff I put down here at my blog. How many people will actually remember what I write here? Those who read, some of them, read just for the heck of killing time and mild curiosity. They don't really care.

Some, like Chengwei and maybe Grace too, they might remember a few of the more significant posts. But they''re good friends who actually care whether I'm alive or not.

Every life is significant. We all have ties to each other in that giant web of life. It's just that so many people lose sight of that fact.

But honestly, if I'm severed from that web, how many would feel that something was missing? My dad certainly. My granny. Erika probably. Maybe my cousin Pauline. Grace and Lester too. Chengwei possibly.

And I can't really think of anybody else.

Wow look at that, a grand total of 8 people.

Has my life made a real impact on the lives of others? Will people remember me? Or will I just be another statistic on "people who died in so-and-so year"?

I don't need widespread recognition. I don't need the whole world to remember me.

I just need to know whether I made a difference to anybody. Excepting my dad of course. My appearance in his life can hardly be thought of as insignificant.

What have I left on other people? Have I helped them? Or hurt them? Made them better people? Or corrupted them?

Doesn't matter.

It never does in the end, does it?

From dust we came, and whence we all return.

]
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?