<$BlogRSDURL$>
Powered by TagBoard Message Board
Name

URL or Email

Messages(smilies)

Monday, January 16, 2006

The next line is for Grace.

I AM NOT ATHEIST!

Hope you got that.

Atheism is a belief that God, or any being higher than humans, does not exist.

As for me, I'm AGNOSTIC. Which is a belief that God's existence cannot really be proven, but we don't discount the possiblity that God does exist.

Yes, agnosticism can co-exist with atheism. However, I never denied the existence of God. I simply questioned the portrayal of God in the world's religions. There's a subtle difference.

It's not easy for me to be assimiliated into any mainstream religion. Being agnostic means its hard for me to truly believe, to have that kind of faith that characterises the true believer.

And my cousin Pauline wonders why I keep backsliding in church. I simply cannot make myself believe. That's where the problem is.

So, please don't confuse me with hardcore atheists. I disdain that characterisation.

Yes, on many occasions in the past on my blog, there are times where I deny the existence of God due to my own moody angsty feelings. But my true stance is agnosticism. I don't actively disbelieve, but I don't actively believe either.

Ok, that's enough of explanation on my religious tendencies (or lack thereof).

Have fun.

]
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?