<$BlogRSDURL$>
Powered by TagBoard Message Board
Name

URL or Email

Messages(smilies)

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Don't cry for me.

Just thought I'd put that in.

Haruka + Michiru forever! ^__^

Yes I know its a lesbian pairing, but honestly, who cares? Plus its canon, so you guys can't blame me for being obsessed with shoujo-ai pairings.

But you are obsessed!

Ok I can't argue with that.

But seriously though, when I put that first line on my post, I was thinking of Haruka saying that to Michiru for some reason. Don't ask how it got there, it just popped into my head.

If I knew how to write Sailor Moon fics, I would just write a one shot of them with that as a title. Hehe.

You do know that you're talking about writing Sailor Moon fics aren't you?! *looks shocked*

Iknow that. Yes, BSSM is really kinda cheesy at parts. Especially when they transform. And the overwhelming girlyness...

Well, hello, its a shoujo anime, what did you expect?

Ok well yeah. But I absolutely love Haruka and Michiru. They really rock hehe.

I identify a lot more with Haruka in general, but that's mostly because she's a total tomboy and she's tall.

But she's blond.

So? She's still cool. I'm not that prejudiced against blondes...

Oh really?

Ok so maybe sometimes I am. But I make exceptions too.

I can't believe how the bastardised versions of Sailor Moon that reach Singapore (and America) always conveniently omit the fact that Haruka and Michiru are lovers, not COUSINS as the dub claims. I mean, sheesh, homophobia much? Why is it that always believe that the masses cannot make independent decisions and only respond to influences, desirable or not?

You are turning this into a GP discussion on mass culture dear.

Ok fine. I won't go into that. Then there's BtVS, where they actually excised all scenes of Willow and Tara being mentioned as a couple. I mean, really! No wonder Season 3 in Singapore looks so damn weird, because there are large holes in the series that they cut out, thus ruining the plotline and making certain plot twists irrelevant because there's no Willow/Tara interaction to back it up!

Getting hysterical I see. You always hate it when stuff like that happens.

Yeah. Actually, minor cuts are ok. As long as it doesn't interfere with the flow and development of the story, and it doesn't change the plot too much, I can accept certain things being left out if the censors feel that it has inappropriate content.

However, when the cuts start damaging the integrity of the story, that's when I get pissed. As everyone knows, all fanfic writers thrive on DETAILS. Cutting stuff out means we miss out on what might be crucial or interesting details that we can expand on in our fics. Besides, who likes having a story that doesn't make sense because many cuts have been made, thus spoiling the plot development?

Ok, I should stop ranting about censorship. I have nothing against censorship actually, just the extent to which it is being carried out. Besides, if I really want the uncut version, I can always wait for the DVD release. It's more expensive, but at least I can watch in peace.

Ok back to reading Haruka/Michiru fics. Love the two.

Quote:
Now I know why the Sailor Senshi make such a great team. They're all desperately in love with each other!
---Haruka, The Last Sacrifice by kazeko-chan

]
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?