<$BlogRSDURL$>
Powered by TagBoard Message Board
Name

URL or Email

Messages(smilies)

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Endless Rhapsody

Even if it's a lie
Just let me dream
Just for a moment
I want to live in my fantasy.

Watching you watching me
We must always have known
This dream, a mystery in the making
Us alone to discover.

A silent melody
An orchestra, for you and I
To reach out with imploring hands
Searching for that elusive tone.

A steady heartbeat
In time with yours and mine
Entwined in sensual waltz
Swept up in the endless beat.

Watching us with tears in our eyes
We yearn towards that unseen melody
Our legend, this dream we envisioned
Spectered in velvet illusion.

Even if it's just for now
Just let us dance to that rhapsody
Just let us fall 'gainst that unerring rhythm
For now, let it be forever......fallen in the arms of infinity.

Finito.
====================================================

I feel incredible. It would not be an exaggeration to say that I am on another plane of reality altogether at this point in time. Listening only to a voice only I can hear, and the ensuing contentment....

The bewitching call of the Sirens have nothing on this. This is better than any drug, and addiction. This is the ultimate release for me. Listening to that beautiful nameless melody whisper to me like a voice from on high.

I acknowledge that I have produced more critically-appealing work before. But this is strangely the most satisfying. Not the best, but one of the more meaningful ones. It's packed with more meaning that it appears on the surface. Nothing overt, just a turn of phrase here and there.

Analyse that then, suckers.

Heh. I feel different. It's like a huge shift. In my persona. Suddenly I feel like I'm no longer who I am, or who I'm pretending to be. I'm not who I was, nor do I know who I will be. This new entity in me...at once familiar and distant.

The Heavens be damned, I feel at peace. I feel attuned. In harmony. Like I've found my center.

Distant, detached. Listening, but not hearing the sounds of mundane life.

I feel accepted, wanted, needed.

And I've never felt so out of step with the people around me before.

The best part? It somehow seems to matter very little. And it should scare me. It should, but it doesn't.

Something tugs at me to return to being me, or at least, the me I've been pretending to be. I'm not even sure what's the real me anymore. I could be pretending, acting, could even be real, and would never know about it.

Please, just let me find that blessed melody again....

]
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?