<$BlogRSDURL$>
Powered by TagBoard Message Board
Name

URL or Email

Messages(smilies)

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Listening to BoA's Nanairo no Ashita ~brand new beat~.

I admit, I wasn't particularly impressed the first time I heard it. It must have been the fact that I was in a dark mood the first time I heard it, and the fluff didn't, or couldn't, get through to me.

After watching the MV though, I was like, whoa. BoA's smile. It could light up a whole city on its own. And suddenly I remembered that the day wasn't all gloomy and everything and that even if I screw up some parts of my life (more like my whole life, but yeah), there are still things that I can be happy about. ^__^

So right now I'm bopping my head along with the music. It's just so...happy? The song is one of those feel-good songs. And the effect is maximised when you see the video. Like I mentioned earlier, BoA's smile just has this effect on melting me inside out.

While I've mentioned that Hyori gives me warm shudders throughout the body because of her overwhelming sexiness, BoA is the one who makes me all goopy and turns me into a grinning idiot for an indeterminate amount of time.

It's just...so her. That youthful energy, that carefree air around her. I know its just an MV, that she may or may not feel that way in real life. But even the illusion of it that she presents is enough of give me a little hope in humanity, however minor.

And I'm just a real sucker for athletic girls. When you see BoA basically incorporating playing hockey and basketball into the dance routine, it just makes me smile. Or grin. Or just act like I've just turned into a pile of slush.

Oh and it helps that she looks so damn pretty and adorable. She isn't cute in the same way she was when she was in her early teens, since she does exude a more mature sense of confidence that just hovers around her like an aura that calms. But just because she's more mature doesn't mean she's all boring. She does know how to have fun, as shown in the video. And she still remembers her hiphop dance roots very well, apparently, if the short sequence in the middle of the video is any indication.

Oh and I really like the dance routine. It's just so fun to look at. In a way it reminds me of Atlantis Princess for some reason, just minus the high level of energy. This one is just...bubbly? Haha.

I still can't believe that I've been a fan of BoA for the past 3 years. From 2003 all the way to now, and still going strong. And along the way, even as I grew up and went through all the trials and tribulations, my love for her and her music still remains, albeit the sense of it has undoubtably changed.

Let me explain. When I first started out, I was fiercely overprotective over her in a way that comes across almost as obsessive. I'm still overprotective now, but not as fanatically as before. I can accept criticism of BoA and her music, as long as its justified, but I won't tear out someone's throat for saying that BoA is not as pretty/talented as so-and-so star. I might dispute it with my own argument, but I won't deny other people's opinion or anything. We are all entitled to our own opinions.

Besides, I have since realised that BoA, and in fact, all celebrities, are only human. Humans have flaws, and we can either reject them, or love them just the way they are. Actually, that's how I feel about BoA. She's not the prettiest or sexiest, and there are people who can sing or dance better, but I love her anyway. I appreciate good music, but have never really cared about the person singing the song most of the time. BoA is the sole exception to this indifference of mine. In her case, I'm more in love with her as a person than I am with her music. I mean, the music plays a very important part of keeping me interested in her, but there's just something about the girl that just makes me come back for more even when sometimes she screws up. I just find it endearing to see her mess up sometimes. It helps to remind me that she's just another girl, who only happens to have found fame and fortune early in life. She's probably just as vulnerable as you and me, although she has to pretend otherwise in public.

So far my image of BoA hasn't been sullied. She has done a remarkable job of staying scandal-free, relatively anyway. In fact, the only major piece of bad news in recent memory was probably when a picture of her was taken with some guy and he kissed her? I have no idea. Who really cares anyway? She is a normal girl, and I think even celebrities are allowed to have relationships. I mean, it would be really sad if she spent all her time working like a machine and not even have a chance to find love. As long as she doesn't do anything drastic, I think its ok.

Of course, I would be awfully jealous of any guy who gets to date her. But I'll be fine once I have reconciled myself to the idea. I respect the fact that its her own private life. As long as it doesn't mess with her music and her image, it's perfectly fine. And of course, the guy had better not try anything funny or risk being dismembered...very very slowly. Dating a celebrity is tough. You kind of have to deal with their fans too. Haha.

Ok enough of babbling about BoA. Grace has to put up with me babbling about PGSM and BoA all the time already, and now she has to bear with it on this blog too. Haha. The poor girl...oh well, it's fun. For me anyway. XD

One last thing on BoA. I would love to see a live performance of Nanairo no Ashita soon. Especially if she is going to perform the whole dance routine. But I doubt it, since she has to sing live. Oh well. I can always hope to see it. Who knows, maybe she can use a headset again like she did for Dakishimeru. Hehe.

And another thing. She's wearing boots again. Haha. She's been wearing boots in EVERY SINGLE MV for 2 years. Lol. With the possible exception of Everlasting, but I can't confirm that one. She must really like wearing boots eh? Hehe.

Right now I shall go toddle off to study. But I think I'll keep the com on with the video running. I think studying is more entertaining with BoA singing in the background. Yeah I'm weird, so sue me. How can I focus? Hey, that's the way I study, so don't diss it. Disapprove if you must, but keep in mind that I care about that as much as I care for celery, which is...not at all.

So there. XD

]
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?