<$BlogRSDURL$>
Powered by TagBoard Message Board
Name

URL or Email

Messages(smilies)

Friday, April 21, 2006

Re-reading that great Minako/Rei fic, Echoes of a Distant Demon. It's one of the best PGSM timeline stories I've read so far. XD

Granted, there's a lot of angst, but at least there are signs of possible moving past that. Both Minako and Rei deserve to be whacked on occasion in that fic. Both of them are so stubborn. Sigh.

Love the quotes there though. Guess I'm a sucker for angsty love affairs. Haiz.

Of coruse, fluff is good too. In that fic, that comes in the form of flashbacks. You gotta love the Silver Millenium sometimes. XD


"I love you, Reiko,” she whispered, afraid to speak louder and break the shell of this quiet space.

"No more than I love you back,” her partner replied, a teasing petulance in her tone as she had gazed into her eyes. Touching their foreheads together she had continued with a soft smile, the low alto of that voice sending shivers down her spine. "I will always love you..."

"...my Mina..."



Sob. So sweet. Or maybe I'm being overemotional again. Sigh.


"She did it because she loves you," he said simply.

"That's not true, Artemis!" she blurted out angrily. "Reiko loved me! She loved me, and I watched her die because of it! But this girl? This girl doesn't even like me! This girl..."

"Is still as much your Reiko as you are still eternally her Mina."



*bursts into tears* That last line...wahhhhhhh!!!!! *buries face in hands* How does the author do that? Gah!!!!


'You can't have her... I won't let you!' she'd seethed as she pounded down the sidewalk, the stadium drawing ever closer. 'How dare you try to take her away... to touch her... to harm her... she belongs to me!'


Rei! Moron! Gah. Btw, I like the whole possessive tone with "she belongs to me!". *cough*

Ok last quote before I really have to go.


Smiling, despite her pain, Rei pressed a reassuring kiss against the top of her lover's head. "I'll always come home with you, Mina," she said. "Sometimes, it may take me a bit longer to get there than you may like," she added with a gentle smile, "but, I promise you... wherever you are is my home, and at the end of all my days, I will be with you.

Always."



*cries* How can you NOT be moved by that? Or maybe I'm just getting hormonal again. I need a life. Sigh.

]
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?