<$BlogRSDURL$>
Powered by TagBoard Message Board
Name

URL or Email

Messages(smilies)

Saturday, May 06, 2006

Well as you can see, I'm alive after all.

Short and quick update on parent-teacher meeting: it didn't happen. At least, my dad couldn't turn up.

I told you I had a charmed life.

Bad news: it's just been postponed. Well, can't say I'm surprised there.

Enough on that topic though. Time to pretend that life is alright and everything is fine and that there is nothing but fluff in my head. Lol.

Which means...babble-time! Woohoo! Lolz.

I'm having trouble deciding who's my favorite senshi out of all 9 of them. I can safely say that Sailor Moon is not in contention. I love Usagi dearly, odangos and all, and I adore her as Princess Serenity, but she's not my favorite senshi.

Jupiter has never been on my list. I've never known why I never warmed to Makoto. It's odd, but that's the way it is. But I guess I do like her, I'm just a bit indifferent about her. Even though she and I share a common background: she lost her parents, I lost my mom.

Mercury was my favorite when I was a kid. But now? I still like her because she's so smart and all, and I think its rather cute when she gets embarrassed and blushes so easily. The shy schoolgirl persona is rather endearing, don't you think? And besides, PGSM Ami is gorgeous. The glasses are so damn cute on her. And the Dark version? HOT. Haha.

Mars I liked best in PGSM. Anime-wise her personality isn't quite the same. Plus they made her closer to Usagi in the anime, when she was actually closer to Minako in the manga...or so the fansites say. I can't judge because I've never gotten to read the manga myself. But obviously in PGSM, Rei has this love-hate relationship with Venus. Muahahahaha. Mars Reiko-san really got me into liking her, probably because she has this cool broody stare and the whole angst factor just hovering around her. But I digress.

And then there's Venus-chan! Haha. I used to blow her off as a ditz in the anime, but after watching PGSM and realising that maybe, just maybe, Minako wasn't as stupid as she appeared to be, I went to take a 2nd, closer look at anime-Minako. And I realised that she does have some depth. After all, she IS the leader of the inner senshi. You don't get that kind of responsibility for no reason. And she's pretty. XD Of course, PGSM Minako is my favorite. Yeah yeah, stop shaking your head disapprovingly Kanai. I can see you doing that already. Haha.

Uranus! My first favorite senshi after getting back into BSSM after so long. What can I say, I just adore Haruka. She's so cute. Besides, she's kinda everything I want to be. Well, except maybe the lesbian part, but then again, I'm not sure anymore. Let's just say that I'm leaving my options open, and leave it at that, shall we?

Sweet, elegant Neptune. Sigh. I want someone like that for a girlfriend too. Haruka is SO lucky. Michiru has great legs, plus she's so understanding/patient/sweet/gorgeous etc etc. Sigh. AND she's talented with art and music. Meh, the girl's got everything, and she's more like a princess in dress and demeanour than Usagi will ever be.

Saturn rocks. And why not? Senshi of Silence, the ability to destroy the world with a single swipe with her Silence Glaive. Hotaru has got the coolest abilities and the whole goth thing going for her. That and the fact that her senshi personality and her human personality seem detached from each other. Sailor Saturn and Tomoe Hotaru might live in the same body, but they don't seem alike at all. At least all the other senshi seem to have integrated at least a part of their other selves into their human identities. I think the only thing in common between Hotaru and Saturn is their fashion sense (color scheme anyway). Haha.

And then there's Pluto. The only one in the series who only died once. Or was it twice? Ah well, what does it matter? All the other senshi (excluding Sailor Moon) dies at least 3 or 4 times in the whole BSSM time continuum, starting from the Silver Millenium to Crystal Tokyo. Pluto is the only senshi that did NOT perish in the aftermath of the fall of the Silver Millenium. Forever guarding the gates of Time...poor Setsuna, all lonely and waiting for over a thousand years, waiting for her princess and fellow senshi to awaken and be reborn into the world. Pluto carries one of the heaviest burdens in the whole series, save for probably Saturn and Moon, the first being the harbinger of destruction, the latter responsible for saving the world...repeatedly.

So who's my favorite senshi? I like all of them. You would note that I left Chibi Moon and Chibi Chibi out. For one thing, Chibi Chibi is technically a part of Galaxia, so she doesn't count. And Chibi Moon aka Chibi-usa just irritates the heck out of me. The pink hair... *shudders*

For the inner senshi, I would say Venus is my favorite, taking into account both anime and PGSM. Mars and Mercury tie for 2nd spot. Sorry Jupiter, I just never warmed to you.

As for the outer senshi, Uranus wins...barely. The other 3 come in right after her. I can't differentiate who I like better amongst Neptune, Saturn and Pluto. Haha.

Favorite villlain? PGSM-wise, definitely Zoicite. Kunzite isn't too bad, but he irritates me. Nephrite was hilarious. Jadite was just plain old boring. Haha. And Beryl was just annoying. Lol. For the anime, the Shitennou were less good-looking...with the possible exception of Nephrite. Haha. Zoicite was obviously gay in the anime. Just look at his reactions to Kunzite. I watched one episode with the two of them in it, and the first thing that came to mind was "Zoicite has the hots for his 'Kunzite-sama!'" Lol.

I think Galaxia makes for a cool villain, but Mistress 9, in an adult Hotaru's body, takes the cake for sexy and dangerous. Hehe. Oops I think I pulled a Minako. Oh well. Nope, non-BSSM fans will probably not get what I mean. XD

Random thought! Sawai Miyuu made a great Usagi in PGSM...but that's not the point. She somehow pulls off the endearing klutziness and childish innocence of Tsukino Usagi flawlessly, while managing to look drop dead gorgeous plus super angsty as Princess Sailor Moon. I don't know how to describe that wistful longing expression that the Princess gets whenever she murmurs "Endymion..." in that haunting voice, while strumming that harp of hers. Oh and let's not forget the angsting over I-killed-my-one-and-only-true-love-so-I-shall-destroy-the-world-because-he's-not-in-it mood she gets into during Act 49. Haha. Can you imagine? Destroying the world just because your boyfriend died. Haha. *chokes on laughter*

Ok enough ranting. I think I made my point well enough. I'm a Sailor Moon fangirl. So sue me.

]
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?