<$BlogRSDURL$>
Powered by TagBoard Message Board
Name

URL or Email

Messages(smilies)

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Anyway I'm totally loving the song Toki ni Ai wa.

First time I heard it was when I was watching Utena the movie, during the dance sequence between Anthy and Utena. As much as I dislike Anthy (it's a long story), she does manage to look pretty presentable in that sequence. And Utena, as I'm now thoroughly convinced, does look better with long hair than short hair. They gave her a crappy haircut in the movie. And I still think anime Utena looks better. Although movie Juri is definitely better. Ehehehe....

ANYWAY, here's the little clip of Utena and Anthy dancing in the rose garden (well, flooded rose garden, but its cool to see the sky reflected on the ground lol).



I love the roses. Never mind. The whole of SKU is ridden with roses. Haha. Don't you think the whole dancing thing is nice? Despite the fact they're both girls...ah well, whatever.

SKU just reeks of shoujo-ai. Not that I have any objections about that. I do know however that many of the themes in the anime would probably be banned from SAJC. Haha. I mean, hello, incest, homosexuality (on both sides of the coin o___o) and generally loose morality (when they say Akio gets around, he really DOES get around). Any morally upright person would be shocked. However, I'm not anywhere near morally upright, so that's ok with me.

Not to mention there was the hint of paedophilic activity in Touga's past in the movie (he got raped by his stepfather...), and the whole Miki-Kozue thing in the bathtub where she holds a razor to his throat. Talk about obsessive behaviour. And she's not the only one who's obsessive over her brother. Just look at Nanami and her beloved 'onii-sama'. *shudders*

And let's not get into how Anthy has been sleeping with Akio. Of course, just about everybody gets involved (and I do mean sexually) with the guy. Yes, even Utena. Only Juri escaped the Akio-car treatment to 'see the Ends of the World'. *cough* Otherwise translated to getting down and dirty with our favorite Dean. Sigh. Haha.

Oh and when I say 'everybody' (excepting Juri) got screwed over by Akio (both literally and figuratively), I don't mean just the girls. I mean, what are the odds of having Touga and Saionji in the Akio-car with him, and all of them shirtless too, and apparently seeing the Ends of the World as well, and assuming that nothing at all happened between them? And Touga does in fact get into the Akio-car pretty damn often. Haha. It's all speculation of course, but then again, I don't think Akio really cares. This is after all, a guy who slept with his sister AND his fiancee's mother...among the mass of others he also bedded. He probably has enough notches on his bedpost to completely chip the whole darn thing away. Lol.

*huggles Juri plushie* Yeah I wuv my Juri-sama, because she's so cool and she doesn't sleep with Akio. Haha. The only downside is her love for Shiori...ah well, no one's perfect.

And no Kanai, no snide comments on my new obsession. Lol last time was PGSM, now its SKU. Just be glad I'm not talking about Excel Saga. Which reminds me, I think Hyatt's really cute, but the whole turning-green-fainting-and-dying in every episode is a little.....ahem. Lol.

SKU is pretty chock full of symbolism. Everything has a meaning. Although some parts don't make sense (Nanami and the stampeding elephants for one thing). How do you even GET elephants in the Academy??? O___o;;;;

But then again, this is an anime where the Akio-car can drive itself (yes it does, Akio keep doing the car flip thing and sits on the hood while the car keeps going....), and where the Akio-car appears in the strangest of places (how did it get up all the stairs O__o;;;).

Well, I'm gonna stop babbling now. Cya!

]
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?