<$BlogRSDURL$>
Powered by TagBoard Message Board
Name

URL or Email

Messages(smilies)

Saturday, June 03, 2006

I'm weird.

Yes, if anyone has been reading this on any kind of a regular (or semi-regular) basis, this will not be a new fact.

It's just that I have just gotten into a slight Utena phase just now. Yes, it's the anime where the main character has pink hair, crossdresses with impunity (and still manages to look good in a dress), and not to mention gets seduced by the major villain in the show (who slept with his own sister, for goodness sake) and gains the power "to revolutionize the world!".

I fail to refrain from giggling when I hear that last line. It is that cheesy.

And I will also never be able to hear the words "that shining thing!" without breaking out in guffaws. *dies laughing on the floor*

And last but not least, Arisugawa Juri rocks. Oh, Ohtori Akio rocks too, despite the whole sleeping-with-his-sister-as-well-as-just-about-everybody-else act he pulls. And yes, the "just-about-everybody-else" includes members of the same gender. Poor Touga. And no, I won't pull the pun with the Roman style of dress.

Oh and here's a nice list: 101 Reasons Why Juri Kicks Ass

One very big reason that endeared me to Juri even more: she's one of the "outed" lesbians in anime. Weee! I mean, come on, she is obviously still hung up over Shiori. Stupid bitch. (I mean Shiori. *gah*)

Lol. Plus she's cool. And she's good with a sword. And no, please don't make a comment about the orange hair. Because if you do, I'll wave Utena's pink hair in your face. (Take that!)

Hey, I could do worse and be idolising Akio. Oh wait, I do. Noooooo, I don't. Yes, I do. No I don't. Yes I---oh wtf nvm. He's cool. He's hot. He's also evil, in that coolly seductive and manipulative way of his. And no, I will not mention the fact that he has gorgeous green eyes (like Sephy!!). Damnit.

Actually I think Akio really isn't all that good looking (except maybe when he's wearing that Duelist outfit, which means I like his clothes better than him). But he does have nice green eyes. Oh, and the evilness is so damn enticing. Yes, I'm weird. I know. I KNOW.

I mean, the guy sleeps with his own sister, he sleeps with his fiancee's mother (presumedly), he has "relations" with Touga (another guy)....the list goes on. And he does it in a flamboyant way too. I mean, you hate him for the evil disgusting part (incest, adultery, sodomy etc), but you gotta admit, he's got some crazy skills to even do all of that.....and still manage to scheme evil plots. Sigh. Multitasking evidently isn't the sole province of women. Although I argue that girls would find it easier to cosplay Akio than guys ever can (or will). Heh.

Annnnnnnnnd back to Juri. Haha. She is so aloof, she's my hero(ine)! I always like the cool types. The kind that can do the "don't-mess-with-me" look convincingly.......and look so darn enticing (at least to me) at the same time. Haha. Sigh. Weakness for the butches. I mean, Juri is the only girl in SKU (Shoujo Kakumei Utena) that does NOT put on a dress in the duration of the anime. Yes, even Utena has worn a dress, and a PINK one, I might add. How can the girl, who has pink hair, wear a pink dress???? It never ceases to amaze me, the strangeness of color coordination...


And now, I must cease this tirade of deranged nonsense that makes me look like a lunatic monkey on crack. Which I confess to be on certain crack-infused days. For are we not all monkeys, ensnared as we are to that little thread known as DNA? (gross mutiliation of Shakespearean-ism, I know)

Alas, we are such stuff as insanity is made on, and our lives are rounded with a little Prozac.

]
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?