<$BlogRSDURL$>
Powered by TagBoard Message Board
Name

URL or Email

Messages(smilies)

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Finally finished Mai-HiME, downloading Mai Otome.

*smirk* Despite finding Shizuru incredibly creepy with her crazed eyes and stuff, I still wub her. o__o It might have something to do with her homicidal instincts when Natsuki is hurt or threatened... O__o;;

So now, I can add Shizuru/Natsuki to my all-time favorite shoujo-ai couples. XD

The others are (in no particular order):

Haruka/Michiru (DUH)
Minako/Rei (PGSM, hehe)
Anthy/Utena
Juri/Utena (blah blah, I'm weird)
Juri/Kozue (don't ask me, but it works...and they angst pretty well, always a plus point ^__~)
Seras/Integra (I usually prefer Seras with Alucard though...)
Rei/Asuka (and I don't mind a 3-way with Shinji...yes I'm somewhat perverted, but it does seem to fit)
Buffy/Faith (my first ever shoujo-ai couple favorite XD)


It occurs to me that Mai-HiME has quite a few shoujo-ai possibilities. I mean, other than the obvious ShizNat pairing, there's Chie and Aoi (look closely at one of the scenes in the last episode...), and then there's questionably Mikoto's affection for Mai.

Of all the HiMEs though, only Midori (who STILL reminds me of Misato Kusanagi), Akane, Yukariko, Akira and Shiho are confirmed to be straight. That's less than half. Nao is unconfirmed, for although she flirts aggressively with men and strings them along (literally), she doesn't seem to have anything but contempt for men. So I'd place her in the suspiciously inconclusive category, especially since she's the one who first points out (as a joke...or not?) that since Natsuki keeps rejecting men, she might possibly be lesbian. Lol.

Obviously, Shizuru is NOT straight, if her confession and actions towards Natsuki mean anything. Natsuki herself, well, never actually seems to say that she returns Shizuru's feelings in quite the same way in the anime, although she does realise that Shizuru is her "most precious person" and vice versa. Which made for a very twisted scene, since when Duran blasted Kiyohime, they both ended up dissolving into bright green sparks...while in each other's arms. XD

Mai is most likely straight, but why did I not include her in the above list? Simple, there's the Mikoto factor. By the end of the series, Reito, Yuuichi and Mikoto all profess to be in love with her (comical scene, that one), and she appears to love all 3 of them. Well, probably Yuuichi the most, but she probably does care very deeply for the Minagi siblings too (more Mikoto than Reito though...). So, mostly likely straight or bi. Heh.

Then there's obviously Yukino's quite obvious love for her Haruka-chan (lol), which places her firmly in lesbian category I'm afraid. Heh.

As for Fumi, I strongly suspect that her devotion to Kazahana Mashiro (otherwise known as the Director, or Princess Suishou) could possibly be interpreted as love. Of course, not much indication, but I would put her in highly suspicious category. Heh.

I forgot to talk about Mikoto I think. Personally, while her affection for Mai can be considered as sisterly/daughterly, events in the final battle does cast a slightly suspicious light on that assumption. *cough* She's innocently cute though. Hehe.

Now I understand why Shane did a Sailor Moon/Mai-HiME crossover fic. The shoujo-ai elements are fun to play around with. I like how he replaced the Mai-HiME characs with the Sailor Moon ones. Eheheh. Mamoru as Reito/Lord Kokuyou? Artemis as Nagi? Minako as Shizuru? Rei as Natsuki? Hotaru as Miyu? Chibiusa as Alyssa? Makoto as Mikoto? Usagi as Mai? Luna as Princess Suishou? Michiru as Yukino? Haruka as...well, Haruka (O__o the pun is not even funny)? Ami as Akane? Setsuna as Kazuya (diff gender...o__o)?

I think among the Mai-HiME characters, I like Shizuru, Natsuki, Nao and Nagi the best. Yes I like Nagi. No, I'm not weird. I think the guy's funny. I think I like Reito too, because for some reason he reminds me of Chaos on a nice day. o__o I even like Midori, because she's amusing. XD Mikoto is great for comic relief (see last episode for the ultimate funny scene XD). And I like Mashiro because she's so cool. Haha. ^__^

I have a peculiar affection for Nao though. I think the way she plays Lolita to reel in men and then proceed to tie them up and rob them blind is absolutely cool. And the way she licks her clawed hand (her elements) like a cat is kinda kinky somehow. Lol. That and the fact that Natsuki and Nao are very similar to each other (and they absolutely can't stand each other XD) makes it all the more fun. Hehe. Some author somewhere suggested a 3-way relationship between Shizuru, Natsuki and Nao. I wasn't sure how that would work at first, but after watching a few more episodes, I think I get it. XD It's weird though...I suspect Shizuru could probably wrap both Natsuki and Nao around her little finger in between tea-drinking sessions. Hehe. That's if Natsuki isn't already wrapped around her little finger. Shizuru does seem to have a way about her...like Haruka says in one episode, Shizuru knows how to manage people. Switch the word "manage" for "manipulate" and you get the idea. Besides, that dignified air she has does seem to throw people off, especially when she always appears calm in the face of a storm (except when Natsuki is in danger...then all bets are off at that point).

But I'm babbling. *huggles Shizuru plushie* I just adore her. I knew I had a soft spot for the calm, psychotic types. No, its not a contradiction. Shizuru is a picture of dignified calm for about 22 episodes. Then she descends into insane killer mode in the last 4. *cough* Seeing her in a ripped, bloody kimono and wielding her naginta casually as she walks away from the bloody wreckage she caused is both disturbing and intriguing. I don't know. I'm attracted to darkly psychotic people. God help me.

Although, of course, when she returns to "normal" in the last episode when they were restored by Princess Suishou, she's her usual funny self again. The way she says "Forgive me!" to Nao and Yukino (after having killed their Childs and thus their loved ones earlier) in that disarmingly innocent way was a major facefaulting moment, I know I almost slammed my nose into my desk from the shocked laugh I had from that moment. You have to see it to understand what I mean. Heh.

Ah, Shizuru and her tea. What can I say? I somehow giggle whenever I see Shizuru calmly sipping tea as if nothing is happening...which is often. And her pose after she summons her naginta is somehow familiar. I'm sure I've seen it somewhere before. Hmmm....

Ok gotta stop now. *whacks head against desk*

]
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?