<$BlogRSDURL$>
Powered by TagBoard Message Board
Name

URL or Email

Messages(smilies)

Sunday, July 16, 2006

Finished watching Kannazuki no Miko.

*silence*

WHAT THE HELL.

That's the only thing I can say. They put me through 12 episodes of solid angst, and then they think they can get away with the half-assed fluff that lasted all of 30 seconds.

Well, at least, we got to see Chikane and Himeko confess to each other their true feelings while at the Lunar Shrine. That was potentially sweet, however, the fact of Chikane's impending death hanging over them wasn't exactly the most fluff-inducing moment. Haiz.

One huge plot hole there though. Chikane was stabbed, she's bleeding out to death...then how come she and Himeko get to blab on for so long??? I mean, by the time they had finished, a normal person would have had no blood left. Lol. Oh well, its still sweet. Agonisingly so, but sweet. At least they openly resolved their feelings for each other, and they got to kiss. *cheshire cat grin*

But $%#@%#$^ at the epilogue. They didn't even have the decency to show Chikane's face, for goodness' sake. We only saw her hair and her body below her neck. Gah. And Chikane was my favorite character too!

But at least the implication of the epilogue is that Chikane and Himeko get to be reunited under different circumstances. XD That isn't too bad...however, they put the viewers through super-angst for 12 episodes and this is all we get? *is pissed* Haha.

Lol I always like the same archetype of anime girls. First Juri, then Shizuru, and now Chikane. This chain of events is getting ALMOST disturbing. Almost. Hehe.

On a random note, Chikane and Anthy from SKU share the same family name. Himmemiya. Like, wtf. I know why Anthy had that surname. The potential characterisation links between Anthy and Chikane are slight, but if one looks closely enough, they're there.

In anime, names tend to hold a lot of significance...usually. There was even an extensive name analysis on Juri's full name on one site. Lol.

You know, Himeko has an uncanny visual resemblance to Aino Minako from BSSM. Like, whaaa??? I mean, long blond hair, big red bow tied to hair, bubbly personality....*eye twitches* Only difference being that Himeko has violet eyes whereas Minako has blue eyes.

And Chikane has a slight visual resemblance to Hino Rei from BSSM too. The long black hair and general demeanour raises some visual cues. Not quite on the same level as the Himeko-Minako resemblance, but its there.

It just occured to me that Rei has lavender eyes. Just like Himeko. And Minako has blue eyes. Just like Chikane. o___o They switched eye colours?! <__<

Lol. I'm getting KoM the moment I finish with the Mai Otome download. 11% down, 89% more to go. *sigh*

I think I'll go after Strawberry Panic next. Hehe. *cough*

Finally got BoA's Key of Heart PV btw.

I think I understand why konks said that she looks most natural and "real" in this music video.

It seems that BoA, in this video, is the closest fit to what I believe she would have been really doing if she had not stepped onto the path to stardom. Somehow, I believe that a non-superstar BoA would have been a pretty much normal girl, getting fairly good grades, dancing with a group of her friends for fun after school or during her free time. And the roadtrip idea used in the MV really strikes a chord somehow. I could see her doing it, or wishing that she could now, considering her professional commitments as of now. Heh.

Maybe I'll write a short story on that. *shrug* I like alternate universe ideas. XD

Anyway, back to trying to settle my stomach, because the silly thing is busily trying to reject my lunch. Ugh. Be back later!

]
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?