<$BlogRSDURL$>
Powered by TagBoard Message Board
Name

URL or Email

Messages(smilies)

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Fond recap of a cute ShizNat fic.


“Shizuru! Oi Shizuru! Get up! We are going to be late!”

She opened her red eyes. In front of her was a panicking Natsuki who was already in her school uniform, struggling to put on her socks and screaming loudly to wake her up.

“I never thought I’ll see the day where Natsuki is hurrying to go to school.”

“But it’s your graduation. You can’t miss it,” Natsuki was tying her shoelaces in a flurry of hand movements, “you’ve already missed at least half of the Student Council meeting.”

“…but I’ve haven’t had my early morning tea.”

“Shizuru! What is more important: your graduation or tea?”

“Tea.” She stated simply, clutching her warm blankets closer to her. Wasn’t that obvious?

“Argh!”



Gotta love Shizuru and her obsession with tea. It's almost as funny as Natsuki's obsession with mayo. Heh. And this scene would explain why Shizuru was happily dozing during the graduation speeches. XD

I never thought I would say this, but I have found another Shizuru clone.

*loud shriek in general direction of Fuuka Academy Church*

Ara ara, I wonder what or who was that. *faux innocent smile*

Yep, watching Strawberry Panic, and the first time I saw Hanazono Shizuma, I was like "Here we go again". XD Not only do the names tally up, even some of the actions and mannerisms are similar. Worse, Shizuma is a whole lot scarier and dangerous than Shizuru was...mostly because Shizuru only focused on one person (namely Natsuki), whereas Shizuma (at least early on) was basically hitting on all the cute girls, left, right and center. Our beloved "Juliet" had better be afraid. Be very very afraid. XD

*sees a van with the logo Locksmiths Inc pulling up in front of Fuuka Academy Church*

Yeah, definite obsession with da red-eyed characs (Ayanami Rei, Ootori Amane...and Shizuru!!). And a newly realised obsession with the silver-haired/golden-eyed combination (Sesshomaru-sama!! And Shizuma-sama!!!). XD

Yep, Strawberry Panic is definitely full-on yuri. Happiness! The Amane/Hikari/Yaya love triangle is cute. Then there's Shizuma/Nagisa/Tamao. Tamao is creepy I tell you. It's like Tomoyo on steroids and crack. X___x At least in CCS Tomoyo only displayed a cosplay fetish and a videocam obsession. Tamao goes all out in collecting data on Nagisa. Everything from her measurements (lol 1st ep) to the way Nagisa-chan screams (XD;;;) is carefully noted in her little black book. o__o That is one dedicated fan right there.

In terms of favorite characters in Strawberry Panic, well Shizuma scores points for reminding of Shizuru, not to mention I think she's beautiful. ^___^ And I love the way she keeps running away from the Miatre Student Council in order to escape from her duties. Hehe.

But suprisingly, Chikaru (that's the Lilim Student Council President) scores high in my popularity table due to her neutral attitude. She just sits back and smiles benignly while chaos explodes around her (namely when Rokujou and Shion start arguing XD). When that scene came up, I was thinking "all we had to do was put a cup of tea in her hands and we get Shizuru recapped". LOL. Not to mention Chikaru has a wildly funny side too (as President of the Transformation Club...aka some kind of twisted cosplay thing with only 3 members...xD;;;;). I like Chikaru simply because she's so....well, likeable? No angst for one, and she also scores points for reminding me of Shizuru. XD

*notices that the confessional in Fuuka Academy Church has been deadbolted from the inside*

XD

Chiyo-chan makes me go "kawaii" everytime I see her. She's just so adorable with her semi-crush on Nagisa....you know, the whole sempai-kouhai thing. She has noticeably less angst, because all she wants is for Nagisa to be happy (which happens when Shizuma is around hmmm).

And GAWD. Yaya and Hikari are like Chikane and Himeko reincarnated, I swear. Everything in episode 13 reminds me of KnM where Chikane is busily preparing Himeko for her date with Souma. Wouldn't that make Amane the equivalent of Souma here? No no no, Amane-sempai is a whole lot cooler than that snot-nosed Souma kid. XD I don't even know who I should be rooting for in this love triangle. At least I know I support Shizuma/Nagisa.

Although if that doesn't work out, I guess I can fall back on Miyuki/Shizuma. XD Chibi Rokujou-kaichou is so adorable, and chibi Shizuma is sooooooooooooooo cute. XD *happiness*

*shrug* I'm weird I know. Darn though, that makes a 2nd Shizuru clone. It's a bit scary haha. If Chikane is Fujino Shizuru incarnate though, Shizuma tends towards the Shizuru Viola model. Yeah, there is definite difference between HiME Shizuru and Otome Shizuru. Viola is definitely more stable than Fujino, probably because in Otome, Natsuki returns her love. XD And Viola is definitely more of a flirt than Fujino is. Hehe. Not to mention that Viola is older than Fujino (by at least 5 or 6 years).

*thinks back to the Arika-fainting scene* Hmm, has definite parallels with the Nagisa-fainting scene in SP ep 1 when Shizuma kisses her on the forehead. *snickers*

Sigh, I'm in love with Shizuru in all her forms. XD Of course, Shizuma actually managed to make me save her picture when she's in super-angst mode in episode 12, something that Shizuru has failed to do thus far (probably because I never got round to finding THE best pic hehe).

Fwahahaha. Nvm. *bounces off while huggling Shizuru plushie*

]
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?