<$BlogRSDURL$>
Powered by TagBoard Message Board
Name

URL or Email

Messages(smilies)

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

The tenacity of the human mind is astounding.

Just thought I'd say that. You know, just for kicks.

I think I'm newly in love with Dante. Lol.

No, not the Dante in Devil May Cry. The 13th century Italian poet. That Dante.

My new favorite quote, which I shall put on my MSN nick later when I get home:

Come, follow me, and leave the world to its babblings.

How very very true. I'm sure Kanai appreciates the quote as much as I do. XD

Midway in our life's journey, I went astray
from the straight road and woke to find myself
alone in a dark wood.


Sums me up well, I'll say.

There is no greater pain than to remember, in our present grief, past happiness.

Another brilliant one.

From little spark may burst a mighty flame.

My personal gaming philosophy.

Ah, savage company; but in the church
With saints, and in the taverns with the gluttons.


*smirk*

Still desiring, we live without hope.

Can I reiterate that Dante Alighieri is now one of my favorite quotables other than Nietzche? And that he's inspiring me to learn Latin even more?

Abandon hope, all ye who enter here.

I think I'll change the quote under my site's title to this one.

I love sometimes to doubt, as well as know.

Story of my life.

Heat cannot be separated from fire, or beauty from the eternal.

Nice one. Too bad so many people can't acknowledge that basic fact.

Let us not speak of them; but look, and pass on.

I dedicate this line to Chengwei and Kanai. We know what this means in relation to the Others, do we not?

The more perfect a thing is, the more susceptible to good and bad treatment it is.

I really really like this guy.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in times of great moral crises maintain their neutrality.

Heh. That would be me.

No one thinks of how much blood it costs.

Yes.

Heaven wheels above you, displaying to you her eternal glories, and still your eyes are on the ground.

Hmpf. I can say this of so many people, and on occasion myself.

I wept not, so to stone within I grew.

Oh...my...goodness...

For where the instrument of intelligence is added to brute power and evil will, mankind is powerless in its own defense.

I can say it no better.

These have not the hope to die.

Is he talking about me I wonder?

I should really read the Inferno. I think I could grow to like it. Heh.

Oh and now I'm looking up John Milton. Guy who wrote Paradise Lost. Yet another person I could grow to like. XD

All succeeding quotes from him.

The mind can make a heaven out of hell or a hell out of heaven.

That's what I've alwas been talking about. Morons.

Loneliness is the first thing which God's eye named, not good.

Hey, "in the beginning, there was nothing" came before "and God saw that it was good" in the Bible. Lol.

Better to reign in hell than serve in heaven.

Is he rationalising Lucifier's betrayal? I like this guy!

Laws can discover sin, but not remove it.

Applause please.

Revenge, at first though sweet, bitter, ere long, back on itself recoils.

Too true.

There is no truth sure enough to justify persecution.

Take that, religious fanatics!

Time, the subtle thief of youth.

Sigh.

I think that's enough quotes for today. I respectfully bow out.

]
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?