<$BlogRSDURL$>
Powered by TagBoard Message Board
Name

URL or Email

Messages(smilies)

Sunday, July 16, 2006

Watching Kannazuki no Miko.

And after about 6 episodes, I'm about ready to throw up my hands and scream.

That author was right in calling Chikane "Fujino Mk II". The parallels between her and Shizuru's behaviour is incredibly disturbing.

Currently on the 8th episode, and the first thing I thought halfway through was "WTF?!?". Because Chikane was doing what Shizuru did in Episode 22 of Mai-HiME. Not quite the same thing, but the vibe is there. Damn creepy, I tell you. Sigh.

They're both obsessed with their respective others. Obsessed with protecting them, making them happy...until it warps them. O__o

Oh. My. God.

Oh yeah, she's snapping, right now. O___o

*slaps hand to forehead* Ugh, what's with all the incredible angst?! I mean, by sending Otoha-san, who up until now has been the only source of humor in the series, away, it symbolises the end of the humor scenes. Augh. Load on the angst man. *eye twitch*

Oh FUCK.

Sorry for the language, but there is no adequate substitute for a description of the situation.

At least Shizuru didn't rape Natsuki...well, unless you chose to interpret the flashback differently. But, crap, Chikane, you baka! Did you have to do that to Himeko? o___o

Oh my goodness, she is so losing it. I can actually see the sanity slipping away.

I suddenly think I understand Chikane's descend into darkness.

She herself said it. That Himeko was her light. After all, Himeko is the Solar Priestess, and Chikane the Lunar Priestess. The moon needs the sun to shine, for does it not bask in the reflected light?

By pushing Himeko away into the arms of Souma, despite her own pain, Chikane is denying herself the light which nourished her, kept her shining in all her glory. Without the sun's rays, the moon disappears into the darkness. And that's what happened.

Wow. Episode 8 was a very significant episode. I think that Oogami-sensei, who was researching the two priestesses, must have found something along the lines of "the two must stay together for better or for worse". That they are meant for each other, 2 halves of a whole. That without each other, they would not be complete. Of course, I'm still not entirely certain at this point in time...

I suddenly also understand the waning crescent moon in Episode 7. Its synonymous with Chikane's fading from the light and into the darkness. Man, witnessing that kiss between Souma and Himeko, and afterwards hearing from Himeko that she believed that Souma might be her soulmate, must have really been the deathblow.

Despite her actions in taking advantage of Himeko, I somehow don't fault her as much as I probably should. I pity her instead. Sure, I'm outraged, and distressed, because this twist makes it more difficult for them to reconcile. Ugh.

*twitches some more* Eh?!?!

On Episode 9 now. o__o

Why with the expression? Well, judging by Himeko's behaviour, she somehow still subconsciously desires to have Chikane by her side, despite what Chikane did to her. She wants to know why Chikane violated her, of course, but I think she's willing to accept Chikane. This is one complicated girl here. o__x

Finished Episode 9. Is about to tear hair out in frustration.

When I told Konks that shoujo-ai, with 2 girls, is double the angst, I didn't mean it quite THAT literally. o__o Kannazuki no Miko is so angst-laden that even I'm overwhelmed. Lol.

It's a bit scary how big hearted Himeko is. How can she so easily disregard the fact that Chikane had well, violated her? But then again, deep down, their souls are bonded to each other, so I think she subsconsciously knows that its ok. o__o What am I saying?!

Ah well, it's getting late. 3 more episodes! I can't wait. XD

]
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?