<$BlogRSDURL$>
Powered by TagBoard Message Board
Name

URL or Email

Messages(smilies)

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Doh.

Human nature can be terribly ugly at times.

No matter where I go, online or offline, I meet ugly people---and I don't mean their looks. Ugly personalities are disgustingly prevalent.

Forum to forum, I've seen nitwits and bigots all around. There are some who actually like peace and do the whole negotiator/peacemaking thing when ever WWxx breaks out.

Being the person I am, I naturally TRY to make peace whenever possible. That does mean that I usually have to suppress my own argumentative nature to one-up the other's argument. I'm in no mood to type whole essays that are iron-clad cases out of the exam hall. I don't get scored for it, so why bother? Besides, I really have better things to do than rebut every single point the other person makes.

Still, though, my current stint in the shoujo-ai forums is going pretty well, despite the latest unpleasantness of the 'shipping wars', or in other words Tamao/Nagisa fans vs Shizuma/Nagisa fans. Lol. Actually, it was one of the Tamao camp dudes who went all hyper-defensive and accusing the Shizuma camp of "degrading" Tamao and that Tamao is the only one that "deserves" Nagisa.

Personally I don't have any particularly strong convictions for any particular pairing in Stopani yet. Sure, I like Shizuma/Nagisa better than Tamao/Nagisa, but that's only because the plot development is obviously geared towards the former and not the latter. All the characters are likeable (yes, even the Evil Lesbian Duo, they're too wacky/funny to properly dislike), so I can't say that I have any ill dispositions towards any particular character. Well, except possibly Hikari, who annoys me with her handling of the Yaya situation and her extremely boring relationship with Amane (who is one of the most 2D characs on Stopani as of now...even Oshibaru, a BEAR, has more personality than her).

Still, I don't really hate any character (like how I hated Shiori in SKU...grr) in Stopani. I do have favorite characters though, like Chikaru (who has been in the sidelines for far too long if you ask me) and Miyuki (severe sufferer of Tomoyo syndrome). Shizuma used to rank quite high, but she slipped a bit due to the lack of coolness in recent episodes. I mean, angst is ok, just don't overdo it. I sympathetise with Shizuma's plight, and I wish the best for her, but until she regains her feet and becomes "cool" again, she stays where she is on my popularity list.

Surprisingly though, the Evil Lesbian Duo, Kenjou and Momoni, are fairly high on my list. Probably due to the sheer wackiness in their relationship. They are constantly depicted as plotting against Hikari/Amane, with Kenjou attempting to rape Hikari twice so far, and failing both times because she tends to give random off-topic speeches before doing anything, and by the time she finishes, either Amane or Yaya comes to the rescue. Lol. Not to mention all the countless times we see them naked in the bath...together. Lol. Theirs is probably the most explicitly canon yuri relationship. The other being Shizuma/Kaori, but since Kaori is dead and all...all the other triangles are still unresolved (the Miator one is currently paralysed, and the Spica one seems to be "on hold").

Anyway, back on topic on the shoujo-ai forums. Finally, a place where they actually GET MY JOKES! Behold the power of negi and maki maki. And Sir Gay Wong. :P We understand the awesomeness that is Shizuru, and people actually understand what it means when I say someone acts like Satou Sei. XD The trauma of the Yamibou ending, the twists of Kannamiko---and what they mean by WATCH UNTIL THE VERY END!!!

It's nice to have a place where your references are instantly understood and everybody laughs together. Sure we have our disagreements, but we get over it.

Well anyway, Erika's nagging me to go onto maple, so I'll humor her and get on for a bit. ^__^ It's good for the soul...well, Konks understands what I mean. ^__^

Catch ya later!

]
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?