<$BlogRSDURL$>
Powered by TagBoard Message Board
Name

URL or Email

Messages(smilies)

Friday, August 18, 2006

God blesse us, and his mooder Seinte Marie!

No there are no typos. This IS the kind of language I have to live with while studying Chaucer's text. And this isn't even the worst possible line I can show you.

This was the concluding part to the Merchant's Tale, and I resisted the urge to snigger when I saw that. Too much Marimite does that to me. After all, it does translate to "Maria-sama is watching" and in both cases (the anime OR the lit text), whatever Maria-sama is doing, she definitely isn't watching. :P Or at least, she's most definitely mortally offended by what she sees.

Why do I snigger? It's basically a logical reaction when one notes the irony. The Merchant's Tale is full of irony, and Marimite isn't really any better. I mean, you have girls kissing each other in front of her statue---specifically Sei and Shiori. Somehow that strikes me as incredibly heretical. Haha.

And having May deceive Januarie the way she does in the book is definitely amusing. The humor is occasionally crude, but amusing nevertheless. The only admirable character in the Tale is probably Justinus, and he plays only a bit part in the beginning. All the other characters are flawed, including the Merchant himself who is the proverbial narrator of the story. I still can't get over how Damian was left up the pear tree in the end though. It would be HILARIOUS if we could see this acted out in a play...oh wait, I saw it in the play before. Meh, I remember laughing when the actor and actress for Damian and May respectively start "jumping on the pear tree" (well they can't actually show sexual intercourse on stage, can they?). That was priceless.

Ok I gotta go for some counselling session thingy now. Whatever.

SEIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!

Still the unapologetic Sei fangirl I see.

Everyone is gay for Sei...hey, that rhymed! :P

Read a Sei/Youko fic and decided that one line (by Youko) was incredibly appropriate.

“Why? Why? I thought I was over you. I was almost acting normally around you. I thought I was going to be okay this time.”

"...I don't want you to be my Shiori."


Wtf lol. *saves last line to memory bank* That was classic, and it spans to SKU as well. XD

Still though, I had much the same response to a certain crush of mine back in year 1. The whole "I'm supposed to be over you!" thing came when I saw her again. I was like, damn, so close to forgetting she ever existed, and then she bumps into me and I get all stutter-y again. Damnit lol.

Life is funny that way sometimes. ^__^

]
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?