<$BlogRSDURL$>
Powered by TagBoard Message Board
Name

URL or Email

Messages(smilies)

Saturday, August 12, 2006

Standing by the expressway, watching the cars streak by.

Alternating between light and shadows, the dirty railway against the broad freeway.

Careening from side to side, front to back, balancing on the balls of my feet, squinting up at the azure sky.

Spreading my arms out in pretend flight, we can't reach high enough to touch the sky.

Swaying like a drunken fool, feet tapping in an untaught dance, a bow here, and a curtsey there.

Playing the aristocrat, a noble charade.

I fooled you and you fooled me, letting go of the child's hand, leaving her untended in the midst of the freeway, lost in the crowd.

Blinking away crystal droplets, lost on the wind, pearly chuckles soaring high to join the unmelodic cacophony.

The boom of fireworks in the distance, I could not see.

There were no stars in the night.

Just as there were no stars in my life.

No longer.

]
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?