<$BlogRSDURL$>
Powered by TagBoard Message Board
Name

URL or Email

Messages(smilies)

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

I miss konks.

Incidentally, I stumbled onto an anime that involves some serious mind-bendy ideas involving time-space warping and other alternate-dimensional thingy. Sounds like fun, doesn't it?

There was also a lot of gender-bending and gender-identity issues involved. ^^ Yes there is yuri. Go Aaeru/Neviril!! *cough* Excuse me.

But aside from the incidentals, I'm absolutely enthralled by the idea of the time-bending trick caused by the Jade/Emerald Remergion that threw Rimone and Dominura into the past. Lol. And by the possibility that either Dominura or Amuria (Neviril's old partner/lover) could have been Aaeru's grandpa. XD

Did I mention that in the world of Simoun, everyone is born female (!!) and when they reach 17, they have to pick a gender at the "spring". Yeah, they actually become guys. O___O

Hence the issue of gender-bending and gender-identity comes in. Strange that all these confusing stuff reminds me of konks. Mainly because we used to have crazy conversations of this sort.

Plus it stretches the definition of yuri. I mean, they all started out being girls lol. Of course, once they become male, I think they count as real guys. So what was a yuri relationship before between two girls, if one chooses to be male and the other remains female, it automatically becomes heterosexual. Follow me yet? XD

Oooh and this isn't even the best part. What if you made the wrong choice at the spring? :P There's no going back after the choice has been made. XD You have to live with it, whether you like it or not. Erie, or Erif as he became later on, found that out. Haha. He wasn't prepared to choose, and the choice was made for him to become male. I think there was some regret involved afterwards. *cough*

Ok enough random Simoun-waving. I'm not paid to advertise the series anyway. XD

Took a peek at my anime pictures collection, and decided that the only "safe" folders to look into are probably the Marimite and Stopani ones. Although there is one picture in the Marimite folder that toes the line of propriety (Sei/Youko naturally).

...um make that two. Possibly three. But the vast majority is safe. Haha.

The Mai Hime folder is like uberly unsafe. I'm pretty sure nudity is not safe. And other compromising positions...hehe. Although I found the KnM parody ones pretty hilarious. XD

KnM folder is rather...ok. If you're fine with two girls being in the same frame, I suppose its rather tame. Nothing too overboard really. I wonder why...

Again, Utena folder is off-limits. Look, if the show itself has incest and homosexuality, imagine what kind of pictures are available. On second thoughts, don't imagine. Lol.

My Hellsing folder is only rated for gore. Lots and lots of blood...well, with a mad vampire like Alucard involved, obviously there's going to be blood. Among other internal organs and fluids... *shrug*

The DN Angel one is safe. Unless you are hyper sensitive and scream "YAOI!!!" whenever two or more of the male characters are in the same frame. Look, they're not doing anything to suggest that. They're just posing for pictures. Lol.

Angel Sanctuary...um...there's yaoi, implied yuri (very very implied, blink and you miss it) and generally gore. Look, Katan got decapitated rather violently by an out-of-control Rosiel. They showed the process. Obviously its violent and bloody. Oh and don't forget the incest too. I still can't get over the brutality of the "Wing Drop" process. Ugh.

Oh, and my Sailor Moon folder. The Haruka/Michiru section is obviously off limits with good reason. The rest of the folder minus that section is pretty small, but otherwise safe. *shrug* Mostly of Saturn/Hotaru, because I have this thing for the Senshi of Death. XD

Have a couple of Trinity Blood pics, mostly of the dark and disturbing type, following the Hellsing and Angel Sanctuary example.

One good Toune pic from Melody of Oblivion. There really is a shortage...

Several from Evangelion of Ayanami Rei, because she's my favorite pilot. Haha. A few of her with Asuka as well...hmm...

Then many other random pretty pictures I gathered up. Heh. When I say pretty, they can mean anything from the usual definition to the darkly psychotic types ala Hellsing-fashion. I have strange ideas of what makes something "pretty".

Considering that I have on occasion called blood "pretty", I guess you can get my drift.

Non-anime pictures are of BoA (duh), and Hyori (konks sent them to me!). The latter is nosebleed-inducing. Konks has this strange idea that sending Hyori pics to me will help me break free of my "odd" obsession with strange anime characters. I wonder...?

I have some of Kitagawa Keiko and a lot more of Komatsu Ayaka. The Keiko pics are safe. The Ayaka ones are not. They're a little on the...loli side? I just can't contemplate the image of a 16 year old (who looks even younger than that) wearing tiny bikinis. All the same, I continue to save them up. -___- I'm weird, I admit.

It probably doesn't help that I actually saw Ayaka's pictorial book on sale in the Bugis branch of Kinokuniya. *eye twitch* To buy or not to buy...it's rather expensive hmm...

And don't ask why I managed to remember the kanji for Ayaka's name. I also remember Sawai Miyuu's, and I also saw her pictorial book on sale. o__o I tried looking for Keiko's one, but I couldn't remember if she did have a pictorial book of her own. I know Ayaka has two, and so does Miyuu. I'm not sure about the rest...

And if you're wondering who "the rest" means, well, the above 3 I mentioned were the actresses portraying the senshi in PGSM. Ehehehe...

Look, I sat through a stupid movie like Tokyo Drift just to watch Keiko. And yes, the movie is stupid. The only saving grace was that I thought the drift races were fun to watch. The plot itself is just moronic. And overused. And cliched. And just downright stupid. Any fanficcer can come up with that. -___-

Gee, I'm weird huh? Eh, whatever.

*has a sudden random urge to say something...*

YOU ARE THE CHUZEN ONE!!!

*cough* Sorry, it just came out. It's just too funny to let go of lol. Not that many lines stick to you like this simply because it is THAT absurd.

Oh and let's not forget "Mass Naked Child Events". *snicker* This one was a mistranslation by a fansub group though, not the actual dialogue (thank god). Still, I think I'll never forget this. Haha.

Ah well. I shall take my leave now. Good day!

]
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?