<$BlogRSDURL$>
Powered by TagBoard Message Board
Name

URL or Email

Messages(smilies)

Friday, September 29, 2006

I'm personally glad that my latest drabble series is coming by decently.

Stopani-based, naturally. Miyuki-centered, as usual.

I think ficeler37 was right, we seem to have a student-council-president fetish. It's all Shizuru's fault. Lol.

I'm having fun trying to characterise Miyuki, because I...just identify with the girl. Only in certain respects, mind. We're a lot different. But I feel like I understand her motivations, so that isn't so bad.

Am wracking my head over how to properly convey Miyuki and Kaori's relationship. After all, Miyuki was Shizuma's best friend, and Shizuma and Kaori were dating. Besides, Kaori trusted Miyuki enough to 'entrust' Shizuma to Miyuki before she died. I think that says a lot.

Enough about that though. I'm liking Miyuki's character. She's inherently flawed, not quite as selfless as Youko (of Marimite fame) was, and very human. I like her. Haha. She's the kind of character that's actually plausible in real life. Lol.

Still, glad that the drabbles are turning out fine. It's a challenge to keep everything short and self-contained to within 100-200 words, while still managing to bring out the meaning and emotions. I think I might have underestimated drabble writing; it isn't quite as easy as I first thought it to be.

Still listening to Inori no Uta, it's really growing on me. The first time I heard it was on the Simoun ED track, and I like the way it started, so I went and got the song. It's really rather nice.

Incidentally, another song I have is called Sei Otome no Inori, from the Mai Otome soundtrack. I will have to check the kanji, but I believe it translates to Prayer of the Holy Maiden. It would fit with the track though, the background 'voice' is definitely female and holy-ish. There's no other way to put it properly I'm afraid.

It's amazing the number of random japanese words and phrases one picks up while listening to foreign language songs and watching their shows. Of course, there are so many more subtleties about said language that I will probably take ages to figure it out this way.

Did you know that there was the polite form of speech in japanese that is almost completely different from 'regular' japanese? I didn't really realise that until I stumbled upon it on DarkMirage's blog. He was giving mini-lecture/lessons on the japanese language lol. I found it rather enlightening. ^__^

As of now, I can pick out two distinct dialects of japanese, namely the Kyoto and Kansai ones. I blame Mai Hime and Yamibou for it. Curse Shizuru and her damnably sexy Kyoto-ben. And the fox spirit's excessive use of the Kansai dialect (while drunk no less), which the translators made a special note of in the fansubs.

Still, fascinating business. Apparently konks uses an Osaka dialect (or so she says, I'm not sure), though I can't remember if it was that or something else...eh...brain dead...

Well, if you'll excuse me. *bows*

]
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?