<$BlogRSDURL$>
Powered by TagBoard Message Board
Name

URL or Email

Messages(smilies)

Sunday, September 24, 2006

Sigh.

I miss konks.

Sigh.

No one to blab random things to. No one to discuss the probability of multiple world theories with me. No one to nag me. No one to pick on.

Really, she's like a little sister to me, although on some counts she is more mature than I am. Ah, we all have our little flaws.

I wonder then how it must have been when I absented myself? Hmm. The connection we share is special I suppose. She reads me like an open book. And then again, I'm like an earnest puppy that wears my heart on my sleeve, so reading me once you get past the icy layer really isn't too hard. As much as I despise the comparison of myself to a troublesome pup, I must admit it is much the case.

Ah well. I am, on many counts, irresponsible and happily self-indulgent. Like a puppy, I cling on to my toys with stubborn ferociousness and mark out territory like the half-grown whelp I am. I am fiercely loyal to those that I view as my own, and no matter how much I despise them, I would still protect them in my own way. However, I show no such mercy to those outside my concern. I may feel gratitude at most to those who help me, but I will feel no loyalty simply based on gratitude. I will repay the debt as and when I see fit, but to expect loyalty based simply on that is foolishness. I give my loyalty as I will, and no amount of bribery can swerve me.

Mistake me not, liking someone doesn't necessarily equate to trusting them. It is perfectly acceptable to like people, but that does not necessarily graduate to trust. Trust is, as many people know, to be earned. I don't give trust easily, and I don't expect it to be given easily in return. However, I do like people easily, since my standards aren't particularly high, but trusting them is another ball game altogether.

I wonder what brought this on. Perhaps it is the result of late night musings. Ah, one shall not know the intricate workings of one's own mind. Wisdom will hopefully come with experience, however. That is the best one can hope for.

]
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?