<$BlogRSDURL$>
Powered by TagBoard Message Board
Name

URL or Email

Messages(smilies)

Monday, September 11, 2006

Was thinking about explosive arrowheads on the walk back from the station.

I strolled, so I had a good half hour to just let my mind wander.

I was thinking, homemade explosive arrowheads? Why not?

Just add potassium and water...and BOOM.

Needs to be a fair sized chunk of potassium though.

And it's less conspicious than a fire arrow. The light of the flame practicaly announces your location if you're in the dark.

Still, it's more effective to use fire arrows for large groups of archers, since its faster and easier to create. Because a rain of flaming arrows usually cuts off responses from the other side, at least for a while.

Solo archers sneaking around might want to consider exploding arrowheads. Good as a distraction, and more or less useful to start off a small conflagaration if shot right. And you don't announce your location to one and all.

All those thoughts were running through my head as I paced my way home. I know, I'm weird. What kind of person thinks about how to manufacture explosive arrowheads without actually using explosives, and strategies on how and when to use them? Especially in this day and age...haha.

Even thought of a rudimentary design on how to make the arrowhead explode on contact instead of before it reaches its target. Involves rubber balloons filled with some water, large chunk of potassium, and a needle. Some tape, and there might be gum involved. XD If anyone is actually interested, get on MSN and ask me how it works. Lol.

Maybe I should patent the idea. Haha.

Still, water and potassium don't make a big enough bang. Perhaps hydrochloric acid...? But then the rubber ballon idea won't work. I need a new design. Now...what materials are acid proof? ^^ And preferably easy and convenient to work with. Haha.

One wonders about the randomness of my mind. If I had gone the science route, I'd have probably been inventing all sorts of wacky things that are probably useful but unnecessary.

...*suddenly thinks of Leonardo da Vinci for no apparent reason*

If you understood the above line and what it implies, kudos to you. If you don't, well, TOO BAD. Cos I'm not going to bother to explain. Unless you bug me, that is. Which I doubt you would. So there. =P

]
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?