<$BlogRSDURL$>
Powered by TagBoard Message Board
Name

URL or Email

Messages(smilies)

Sunday, October 01, 2006

Rat soup! Rat soup!

And that fufills the obligatory weird anime reference of the day.

Sorry, its past midnight and I'm being severely weird.

Is it me or am I seeing more twincest than I like in my anime watchings? Actually, not that many. So far I've seen the Tweedle twins from Kiddy Grade, the devilish yaoi twins in Ouran, and the yuri twincest in Simoun. See, I have one from every category, het, yaoi, and yuri. Lol.

Although, obviously, the only pair that have actually done anything at all to qualify it as actual incest is the last one. The Tweedle pair is one sided (the sister being oblivious to her brother's obsession), and the Ouran twins are just pretending to be gay for each other in order to fufill the stereotype (its really hilariously OTT).

Ahem, nevertheless...

*spazzes out randomly*

Umbrellas are gay!

Another obscure anime reference. Don't ask.

Although, going with that reasoning, it would also account that pianos are gay, rose gardens are gay, sea shells are gay (especially the pink ones), greenhouses are gay, catholics are gay...oops?

Sorry about the last one. Catholics are not gay. *cough*

(little voice whispers: then what about all the Alucard/Anderson slash in Hellsing?)

AHEM. Not the point here.

Going with the typical anime illogic, that's the kind of weird trashy reasoning that appears if you do it that way. After all, the prevalence of said cliched stereotypes makes it highly entertaining to draw connections to.

Ok my brain is officially not working. *has entered babble-spaz-rant mode*

Pinky and the Brain, the Pinky and the Brain~~~

Um, ignore that.

And if I see anymore of the cliched "storm the wedding" scenes, I'll either puke or die of laughter. Possibly both.

Which would then probably result in a stunning display of technicolor projectile-vomiting, complete with echoing sound effects and artistic shades of psychedelic colors against a monochrome background.

Ok that was disgusting, even for me.

Archery is gay.

See Chikane. See Stopani. See Legolas, damnit. How can a guy with hair like that (not to mention all the other effeminate qualities) not be gay?

Lol. Everything I've said thus far should be taken with copious doses of salt, preferably at Dead Sea levels. Braindead, remember?

Now for some old school live action reference that is probably unique to me and possible invisible to the unwary eye.

The classic "ZOMG I PWN YOU WITH MY SHINING THINGIES OF HEART-SHAPIES AND BUBBLY THINGS!!"

I think I might have inadvertently referenced Utena with the "shining thing" comment.

As my IQ progressively dwindles to zero (possibly below that already), I shall further embarrass myself with more stupid lines to laugh at when I'm in the right mind at a future date.

*must...resist...urge...to...make...Pokemon reference...*

...and it comes to my ever-unravelling attention that a very odd line has come to take on great comedic potential in my addled brain. And it is:

"Please marry me."

Lol. Marimite, one of the classiest anime I've seen, yet also has the most hilarious outtakes I've also ever seen.

Drunk!Shimako and Drunk!Sachiko aside, the classic stereotype of Rei and Yoshino into the battered housewife and abusive "husband" in their non-relationship in the NG scenes were dealt with spectacularly.

...and the inspired "Ohohoho!"ing of one Mizuno Youko in the last special of Haru nearly ruined my face as my facial muscles spontaneously decided to go into wracked spasms wrought from laughing fits.

Animated hair also has a tendency to take on a life on their own.

Watch Arika. See Yumi in the specials. Touko's Drill-like hairstyle...hence her nickname "Drill".

And I categorically refuse to even talk about Millia Rage.

Incidentally, this trash-filled post is just a kind of "oh well, let's make up for what little time is left on my com" kind of post.

Mostly because I like to reread my own blog, and stupidity like this type of post amuses me. I'm odd, so sue me.

Anyway, my tendency to ramble is already getting out of hand, so ja ne!

]
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?